SquidBoy (& StarFace)
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
SquidBoy (& StarFace) is a small game made for the LD40, which had the theme "the more you have, the worse it is".
The theme is implemented by giving the player not just control over a
single ship as is common in normal shmups, but giving the player
control over two ships at once, having a shared lifepool. This means,
you as a player, have to navigate through a maze of bullets with not
just one, but two ships at a time! Good luck!
In the game, you play as two of your favorite seacreatures. SquidFace is a young and adventurous squid who isn't afraid of getting into trouble. StarFace is his shy friend, who'd rather not be starring in the game but didn't have a choice. On one of their peaceful strolls, they butt into the Bloody Hornbeak, a local bully, catching him off-guard without croonies. An epic fight ensues!
- Dual controls shoot-em-up bullet hell. Intended to play solo, but if too hard can be played by two players.
- Epic multi-stage boss battle, will you defeat him?
- Supports controller and keyboard controls, at the same time!
- Various patterns to navigate through and get obliterated by!
- KEYBOARD: WASD or QZSD
- GAMEPAD: Left Analog Stick
- KEYBOARD: Arrowkeys
- GAMEPAD: Right Analog Stick
Shooting is done automatically!
- Piet Bronders (All-in Development Studios) - Art
- Alexander De Cock (guest) - Programming
- Laurent Van Acker (All-in Development Studios) - Programming
- Font that was used is Timotheos and can be found here: Link
Made with Godot Engine v2.1.4 & Krita
7 December 2017
- Added missing assets of the boss (Horn & Tubing) that were forgotten.
- Removed a bug where you could move below the bosses’ eye and not get hit.
- Tweaked boss health & animations.
- Delayed the bosses intro so beginning players have some time to adapt before they get blasted.
- Put SquidBoy in front of StarFace as the Z-values were messed up.