SquidBoy (& StarFace)
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
SquidBoy (& StarFace) is a small game made for the LD40, which had the theme "the more you have, the worse it is".
The theme is implemented by giving the player not just control over a
single ship as is common in normal shmups, but giving the player
control over two ships at once, having a shared lifepool. This means,
you as a player, have to navigate through a maze of bullets with not
just one, but two ships at a time! Good luck!
In the game, you play as two creatures of the sea. SquidFace is a young and naive squid who isn't afraid of getting into trouble. StarFace is his shy friend, who'd rather not be starring in the game but didn't have a choice. On one of their peaceful strolls, they butt into the Bloody Hornbeak, a crimelord in the local area, catching him off-guard without henchmen. An epic fight ensues!
SquidBoy: WASD (qwerty) or ZQSD (azerty). Don't forget the setting! DPAD on most controllers, or left joystick.
StarFace: Arrow keys. ABXY on most controllers, or right joystick.
- Dual controls shoot-em-up bullet hell. Intended to play solo, but if too hard can be played by two players.
- Epic multi-stage boss battle, will you defeat him?
- Supports controller and keyboard controls, at the same time!
- Various patterns to navigate through and die in
- Gorgeous graphics by the talented the_shadermaster.
- Awesome programming by guest programmer lexrandea